Here are some of my initial Milwaukee Renaissance offerings for your 2005 gift giving to those you love.
- Workshops, on line or face to face, on moving from your current job or “situation,” into your own small business, step-by-step, thoughtfully, prudently. $20 and up
- Cheap & hip work stations with high powered computers & software, at Bucketworks, in downtown Milwaukee, next to helpful young computer wizards, with access to wise elders connected as well. $35 per month
- Custom stained glass window for your home
- Craft workshops(many media) to help children and spouses make thoughtful holiday gifts, $10 and up.
- An evening of Sufi poetry, Rumi & Hafiz, and lamb dinner at Lula’s East African Cafe.
- Bed & Breakfast evening or weekend at the Acanthus Inn in Historic Concordia, $75 and up.
- Custom Comic Books or Serious Study of Your Family’s Stories, $50 and up.
- A banquet at Club Timbuktu, an African music and cultur venue on Center and Booth, in Riverwest.
- An office consultation with Dr. Abalo Nunyakpe, who is degreed in Chinese and American medicine, 8 years in Beijing, 8 years in N. Dakota.
- Workshop, On-Line or Face to Face, on a “Good Death” by Sky Schultz, including custom wood coffins and advise on a very low cost but loving “transition”
- Workshops for Girls and Women on Home and Auto Repair
- Milwaukee City Scenes by Shelby Keif
- House Portraits by Nina Maniscalco
- Backstreet Milwaukee Funky Neighborhood and Historic Place Tours for you or visiting relatives, $20 and up.
- Workshops and Mentoring on E-Mailing, Googling, Address Book Construction & Use, Web Site, and Blogs with “easy” instructors, price and character wise, in fun settings, e.g. Bucketworks or cyber cafes. This is designed for boomers who think they could never learn this stuff. $20 and up.
- Modestly priced video and photo shots at your locations, $20 per hour and up
- Political consulting & lobbying to get a street named for one of your heroes, $20 and up
- Workshop, on-line or in-person, on Grantsmanship, including Tess Reis City of Milwaukee, Facade Grant consultation and/ or application assistance for small business owners/operators.
- Plaster work on damaged walls or ceilings
- Custom copper gutters
- Cleaning leaves and grime from home’s gutters, generally from $100 to $250
- Architectural art, including gargoyles with family faces immortalized
- Faux finish paint project
- Furniture with fine art embellishment
- Heirloom toys for grandchildren
- “Knowledge Workers” for “just-in-time” response to family crises, $15 per hour and up
- Knowledge Worker to perfectly organize all the junk in your attic, basement, and garage and turn it into priceless heirlooms, $15 per hour and up
- Family Therapy Session to deal with tangles of family owned business, inheritance hassles, or teenager driving the family crazy
- Support for finding alternative schooling for family member miserable at current school situation
- Writing workshops, on-line or in-person
- Help establishing business relations in Canada, New Zealand, and Canada or buying land in Mexico
- Workshop, on-line or in-person, on Neighborhood Organizing
- Help interfacing with service providers for home improvement projects in 2005, $20 and up
- Remodeling project design, contracting, and execution for 2005
- Wood floors refinished
- A new roof and help with financing paperwork