- August 29, 2006. Toronto citizen Sarah Hall presents her photovoltaic art glass to a gathering at the Urban Ecology Center, her first presentation in the U.S.A.
“Combining the beauty of art with the power of the sun engages people’s, and especially young people’s, imaginations about a new way to live.”
- March 23, 2006, Thousands march to protest efforts to make immigrants felons. Congressman Sensenbrenner dealt loud rebuke by Milwaukeans.
- January 31, 2006. Wisconsin defeated NRA concealed carried gun legislation.
- January 19–20, 2006. Milwaukee filibustered the nomination of Judge Samuel Alito.
- January 10, 2006, citizens meet with Mike Mervis, representative of Mr. Zilber. We are invited to think big and to find resources. Mr. Zilber wants to establish a legacy in the Pabst complex saving as many buildings as possible.
- November 15, 2005, June Eastvold spoke at Bucketworks and the New City was born
- July 26, 2005, Old City Saved from demolition; Pabst complex survives tight vote
Peg Fleury’s Outpost “Exchange” Article Best Ever
Description of “Milwaukee Renaissance”
On Line Interviews
Big City Primary Environmental Corridors: An Interview w. Sura Faraj
Tim HuthFounder of Living Off the Fat of the Land, Organic Farm Now Serving Beans and Barley’s Produce Needs
Erik LindbergCommunity Building and Restoration, Community Growers
Dave LuhrssenArts and Entertainment Editor, “Shepherd Express”
Andre Lee Ellis Theater With a Surviving Mind
Debbie Metke Impeachment Group and World Citizens—Milwaukee
Harvey Taylor Milwaukee Poet
Ken Leinbach Executive Director, Urban Ecology Center
Martha Davis Kipcak of the KITCHEN TABLE PROJECT, Slow Food Wisconsin Southeast, and the Milwaukee Food Council
Barbara Bell, Keeper/Trainer of the Bonobos of Milwaukee County Zoo
Megan Godsil Jeyifo?, Daughter of Riverwest Leaving Bay Area for Chicago!
Howard Hinterthuer, “Happy Green Warrior” of Ozaukee County
Ann Brummitt, Coordinator Milwaukee River Work Group(MRWG)
Milwaukee Inner City Congregations Allied for Hope
Community Roofing & Restoration
Joshua Fraundorf, Hands-On Leader of Community
Jimmy and Roselyn Carter with Community Crew on Habitat for Humanity Project
Grace Lee Boggs
Grace Lee Boggs, Philosopher/Activist of Cities of Hope
London Report on U.S. Urban Agriculture: Edible Cities
Growing Power Urban Agriculture
Deputy Minister of Agriculture, Tanzania’s Hon Dr. David Mathayo David w. Will Allen, Growing Power Founder & CEO
Courtney Becks, Featured Writer Winter 2008/2009
Photo: Slow Food Nationís victory garden in front of San Francisco City Hall
Fun/Inspiring Music for Weddings, Mitzvahs, Graduations, Homecomings, Anniversaries, & Retirements
In memoriam Frank Zeidler (1912-2006)
for the edit password (or about anything else).
*Growing Power Press Release Spring 2008:10,000 Yellow Perch in Aquaponic System at Growing Power City Farm.
*Food Gardens in Milwaukee Backyards and Neighborhood Lots
Projects Of the Moment
Eco Tourism in Milwaukee and Region
International Urban Agriculture Yahoo Group Chaordic Experiment
Urban Agrarians of the World, Unite!
We Must Amend Our Soil.
Red Wriggler Worm Photo Essays
Projects Beyond Our Borders
Favorite Blogs and Web Links
Side Bar Archive