Memorial to Homicide Victims 2012
MICAH, a church-based organization, sponsors non-denominational prayer vigils as part of their “Holy Ground” campaign at the sites of homicides in Milwaukee. To be put on the phone tree to be notified of the time of these vigils, please call Marna of Mothers Against Gun Violence at 414–372–4358.
Please note that this count of homicides in the city of Milwaukee is for all homicides in this year. The Holy Ground Campaign count of homicides, which comes to MICAH from the Milwaukee police department does not coincide with the official count of the city of Milwaukee. The official count of the city of Milwaukee excludes some homicides involving a vehicle (vehicular homicides), some on or near county grounds in the city, and homicides resulting from police shootings.
January 1, 2012
1. Edward Thaves (age 61) male died in a hit and run car accident on N. 27th Street and W. St. Paul.
2. Jean M. Thaves (age 52) female died in a hit and run car accident on N. 27th Street and W. St. Paul.
3. Travon T. Johnson (age 23) male shot while he sat in a vehicle in the 3300 block of N. 29th Street.
January 2, 2012
4. Desiree M. Harrell (age 43) female was found shot in a car in the 3800 block of N. 24th Place.
January 3, 2012
5. Dayana Bados (age 24) female found dead from multiple stab wounds and cuts by her estranged husband in the 2800 block of S. 13th Street.
January 4, 2012
6. Irven Hale Jr. (age 19) male found dead outside a residence in the 3900 block of N. 13th Street.
7. Eddie Ellis (age 16) male shot outside an apartment building in the 8100 block of W. Villard Avenue.
January 9, 2012
8. Chico Danielle Robertson (age 19) male shot while standing in a group of people in the 8800 block of N. 95th Street.
January 24, 2012
9. Roderick Capehart (age 17) male shot near N. 19th and W. Finn.
January 29, 2012
10. Anthony Terrell Harris (age 22) male shot near the intersection of N. 10th and W. Keefe Avenue.
February 3, 2012
11. Artaze T. Williams (age 22) male shot while in a vehicle in the 2300 block of W. Vienna Street.
February 8, 2012
12. Gwynevere Wright (age 27) female found dead in the 900 block of Racine Street.
13. Marlon Booker (age 39) male body found in a burning house in the basement at 4910 N. 49th Street.
14. Elliott Kennedy (age 35) male was shot in the 5900 block of N. 76th Street.
February 10, 2012
15. Mark P. Burt (age 18) male died from gunshot wounds in the 2700 block of S. 12th Street.
16. James E. Kimmons (age 52) male was beaten to death in the 300 block of N. 24th street after a fight with his nephew.
17. Archie L. Vanlandingham (age 42) male was shot in the 2300 block of W. Cherry Street.
February 11, 2012
18. Quionton Degeffered (age 68) male was a victim of a domestic-violence related shooting and died from his injuries in the 2800 block of W. Wright Street.
February 12, 2012
19. Raheem Johnson (age 19) male was shot during a quarrel outside a tavern in the 2700 block of W. Fond du lac Avenue.
February 24, 2012
20. Davion D. Smith (age 21) male was shot and killed near N. 40th and W. Glendale Ave.
21. Tyrone K. Brown (age 22) male was also shot and killed near N. 40th and W. Glendale Ave.
March 2, 2012
22. Susan Hassel (age 48) female shot and killed in the 2300 block of West Scott.
March 18, 2012
23. Donovan Bond (age 22) male shot as he drove near the Keefe Avenue on-ramp to I-43. A passenger in the vehicle was injured but did not suffer life threatening injuries.
24. Christopher Gillum (age 24) male shot after walking home with friends near 7th and West Vliet Street.
March 19, 2012
25. Tyran D. Johnson (age 33) male was shot in the 500 block of West Ring.
April 4, 2012
26. Lauren A. Donelson (age 26) female shot to death in the 8700 block of W. Mill Rd.
April 9, 2012
27. Justin J. Kohen (age 28) male was stabbed to death in the 2700 block of S. 16th Street on April 3, 2012.
April 11, 2012
28. Elideo Jiminez (age 34) male was stabbed to death in a double stabbing of his girlfriend at a residence in the 2300 block of S. 19th Street.
April 13, 2012
29. Stephanie Romero (age 15) female had been staying in a group home and was found stabbed and strangled in a vacant south side home in the 2500 block of W. Rogers Street.
April 18, 2012
30. Thomas C. Hayden (age 25) male was shot and killed with two others who survived a 39 year old male and a 24 year old woman while in the 2300 block of N. 48th Street.
April 20, 2012
31. Christopher Wade Jr. (age 6) male boy was struck by a minivan on April 17, 2012 when he darted into traffic in the 2300 block of N. 51st Street.
April 24, 2012
32. Luis R. Perez (age 21) male shot to death after a fight in the 500 block of W. Orchard Avenue.
April 28, 2012
33. Roderick N. Williams (age 26) male was stabbed during a domestic-violence related incident in the 3200 block of W. Wells Street.
April 29, 2012
34. Russell J. Setum (age 24) male was shot near N. 48th and W. Wright Street.
May 8, 2012
35. Dorian Nelson (age 29) female killed in a hit and run motor vehicle accident.
May 12, 2012
36. Carlos R. Santos-Rivera (age 34) male shot in the 1800 block of W. Greenfield Avenue.
May 17, 2012
37. Joey Johnson (age 25) male was shot several times and killed as he sat in a minivan near N. 26th and W. Burleigh Street.
May 30, 2012
38. Unidentified remains were found by the City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works in a sewer near 40th and Garfield Avenue.
May 31, 2012
39. Darius Simmons (age 13) boy shot by a neighbor near W. Arrow and S. 20th Street.
June 4, 2012
40. Davon Stagger (age 23) male was shot in the 3000 block of N. 8th Street.
June 23, 2012
41. Brandon L. Byrd (age 22) male killed in a double shooting as he sat in a vehicle in the the 2200 block of N. 39th Street. The second female victim was treated and released.
June 30, 2012
42. Abraham Assana (age 42) male was shot during an apparent robbery near an area nightclub in the 500 block of East Center Street.
43. Wesley Wright (age 18) male was shot and killed as he was riding in a car in the 4300 block of N. 26th Street near Atkinson Avenue. It is believed to be over an ongoing argument between Wright and others.
44. Kenneth C. Johnson Jr. (age 57) male was stabbed to death in the 5400 block of N Hopkins street.
July 8, 2012
45. Terrance D. Wallace (age 41) male was shot and killed in the 2500 block of N. 21st Street by someone he knew.
46. John Jackson Jr. (age 29) male was shot and killed in the 1800 block of N. 14th Street as a result of an ongoing feud with people he knew.
July 10, 2012
47. Dequan Carter (age 17) male shot and killed in a quadruple shooting after a party in the 2700 block of N. 34th Street. One man was critically wounded and two ther men suffered wounds that were not believed to be life threatening.
July 16. 2012
48. Delinko Kearney (age 34) male shot and killed in the 600 block of W. Ring Street.
July 17, 2012
49. Javon Whiteside (age 18) male was shot and killed in the 5200 block N. 69th Street.
July 18, 2012
50. Jermaine Wright (age 32) male was shot during an argument in the 1700 block of W. Atkinson Avenue outside JJ’s Bar.
July 21, 2012
51. Michael Trevino (age 20) male shot near S. 23rd & Orchard Street.
July 30, 2012
52. Savonte Demico Cooper male (age 33) shot and killed during a domestic altercation.
August 2, 2012
53. George Hites (age 58) male shot multiple times by a disgruntled employee who then shot and killed himself at a northwest side manufacturing plant at 7878 N. 86th Street.
August 11, 2012
54. Gregory T. Moorer (age 19) male shot and killed during a quarrel in a house in the 3300 block of N. 37th Street.
55. Yamar O. George (age 36) male also shot and killed during a quarrel in a house in the 3300 block of N. 37th Street.
56. Rickie R. Frazier (age 44) male shot and killed in the 1500 block of N. 35th Street.
August 14, 2012
57. George L. Phillips (age 24) male shot to death near N. 28th and W. Wells Street.
August 15, 2012
58. Dalbir Singh (age 56) male shot to death at Harmony Foods at 3821 W. Locust Street.
August 18, 2012
59. Dennis D. Smith (age 27) male killed in a drug-related shooting in the 2300 block of W. Keefe Avenue.
August 23, 2012
60. Antonio Camacho-Perez (age 29) male shot and killed in the 1700 block of S. Layton Avenue.
August 24, 2012
61. Lenier A. Johnson male (age 22) shot and killed in the 2500 block of N. 50th Street.
August 27, 2012
62. Theodore L. Whitfield (age 40) male killed in a triple shooting in the 2200 block of N. 47th Street. Two women ages 23 and 28 were also shot but are expected to survive.
August 31, 2012
63. Herman Lee Davis Jr. male (age 52) body was found in an alley in the 2800 block of N. 36th Street from a gunshot wound.
September 2, 2012
64. Theresa Boone (age 45) female was stabbed during an attempted robbery in the River West neighborhood near Reservoir Park 802 E North Avenue.
September 9, 2012
65. Damecio Shaw (age 20) male shot and killed during an attempted robbery in the 2600 block of S. 15th Street.
September 16, 2012
66. Israel D. Gatlin (age 24) male shot to death in the 2800 block of N. 21st Street.
September 22, 2012
67. James D. Jackson (age 36) male shot to death in the 1900 block of N. 32nd Street.
September 29, 2012
68. Alexander Cross (age 22) male shot and killed with four others who were wounded at 936 W. Atkinson during a fight at a basketball game.
September 30, 21012
69. Rashaan K. Hobbs (age 32) male fatally wounded during a shooting at N. 74th & W. Villard Street.
October 1, 2012
70. Thomas F. Martin (age 32) male shot to death in the 2200 block of W. Center Street.
October 2, 2012
71. Joseph E. Griffin (age 24) male shot to death inside Papa John’s Pizza restaurant at 3264 S. 27th Street by an employee who was showing off his firearm to the victim. The victim was the employees best friend.
72. Martin T. Salaz (43) male (aka) Joel Rodriguez-Torres was shot and killed in the church parking lot at St. Hyacinth on S 14th Street and W. Beecher Street.
October 14, 2012
73. Marcus D. Perkins (age 31) male was shot and killed during an apparent robbery in the 7700 block of W. Heather Avenue.
October 19, 2012
74. Zaire J. Burris (age 18) male was shot and killed during a robbery attempt in the 3100 block of N. 27th Street.
October 20, 2012
75. Henry Bishop (age 38) male shot at a gas station at 3115 W. Fond du lac Avenue.
76. Tyrone Mcaffe (age 26) male shot and killed at 133 W. Randolph Street.
October 21, 2012
77. Zina Haughton (age 42) female shot and killed by her estranged husband during a mass shooting in which 2 other co-workers were also killed and 4 more women were critically wounded at the Azana Salon & Spa in Brookfield.
78. Maelyn M. Lind (age 38) female shot and killed by a co-workers estranged husband during a mass shooting at the Azana Salon & Spa in Brookfield. Two of her other co-worker’s were also killed and 4 more women were critically wounded.
79. Cary Robuck (age 35) female shot and killed with two of her co-workers by the husband of one of the women’s estranged husband at the Azana Salon & Spa in Brookfield. There were 4 other females who were wounded critically and treated and released for their injuries.
October 25, 2012
80. Jayden C. Banda (age 5) boy died from severe injuries as a result of a child abuse beating death.
October 26, 2012
81. Lamart B. Jones (age 33) male shot to death inside a garage in the 2800 block of N. 52nd Street.
November 1, 2012
82. Mark R. Chatman (age 42) male was fatally stabbed during an altercation in 500 block of W. Maple Street.
November 2, 2012
83. Darell M. Bratchett male (age 27) shot 2400 block of N. 53rd Street.
November 4, 2012
84. Mariano Lopez (age 45) male beaten to death after leaving a south side nightclub with a friend at the Tropical Latino in the 600 block of S. 5th Street.
85. Kendrick Finch (age 41) male killed while walking in a hit and run motor vehicle accident in the 6300 block of W. Fond du lac Avenue.
November 10, 2012
86. Wendell (Chino) Watson male (age 31) shot N. 71st & W. Mill Rd.
87. Stevie Jenkins male (age 23) shot 5200 block of N. Sherman Blvd.
November 11, 2012
88. Frank Carter (age 53) male shot while walking to a bus stop near N. 21st Street & W. Melvina Street.
November 15, 2012
89. John Evans (51) male died from blunt force trauma and stab wounds from his girlfriends son at 2480 W. Capitol Drive.
November 21, 2012
90. Andrew Brown (age 25) male stabbed to death by a family member during a family quarrel in the 2900 block of W. Vliet.
91. Clemon G. Ferguson Jr. (age 18) male shot during an armed robbery at a barber shop Hair Fantasies in the 2500 block of King Drive.
November 22, 2012
92. Jesse W. Brown (age 34) male shot and killed in the 2100 block of S. 14th Street in what appeared as a drug-related robbery.
November 23, 2012
93. Leandro Martin (age 17) male shot in a car in the 1800 block of S. 32nd Street.
November 24, 2012
94. Avan R. Harris (age) male killed in a motor vehicle accident in the 5100 block of Silver spring Drive. The driver of the vehicle was also killed.
November 26, 2012
95. Daron Coleman-Lemmie (age 22) male shot and killed in a home invasion robbery in the 5600 block of N. 35th Street. His 12 year old sister was also shot during the robbery and survived her injuries.
November 27, 2012
96. Joe Mitchell Henderson male (age 49) died from blunt force trauma from complications of a head injury he suffered 11 days earlier in the 3100 block of N. 15th Street during an argument with someone he knew.
December 5, 2012
97. Terrance T. Armstrong (age 34) male shot inside an apartment in the 10200 block of W Fond du lac Avenue.
98. Timothy Stanczyk (age 56) male was found dead in a students dorm at UWM-Milwaukee in Sandburg Hall.
December 8, 2012
99. Michael W. Brown (age 24) male
December 10, 2012
100. Eddie Taylor (age 37) male shot while parked sitting in his car during an argument with someone he knew in the 3900 block of N. Fond du lac Avenue.
December 16, 2012
101. Marvis Wright (age 25) male shot in the 4300 block of N. 40th Street.
December 17, 2012
102. Lucas L. Kilpatrick male (age 29) shot to death at the front door at his residence in the 100 block of E. Burleigh Street.
103. Ronald Collins male (age 24) 1700 block of N. 40th Street.
December 19, 2012
104. Anton Carter male (age 20) shot 3500 block of N. Palmer.
December 28, 2012
105. Fawzi F. ABu-Hamdam male (age 53) grocery store employee was shot to death during a robbery in the 1900 block of N. 32nd Street.
December 29, 2012
106. Corey Stingley male (age 16) died after being retrained by customers at a convenience store VJ’S Food Mart 9206 W Schlinger Ave.
December 30, 2012
107. Charles D. Brown male (age 33) shot 700 block of N. 29th Street.